The purpose of the Men’s Club of Congregation Ohev Shalom is to:
- Promote friendship and fellowship among its members.
- Strengthen the involvement of its members in the life of the congregation.
- Promote a more thorough knowledge and appreciation of Jewish life.
- Engage its members in social and cultural activities.
- Train leaders for the synagogue and the Jewish community at large.
- Enrich the quality of synagogue life at Ohev Shalom.
We are a vibrant organization with many great activities:
- Monthly lox and bagel breakfast meetings where members eat, schmooze and take care of business (usually in that order).
- Special outings to a variety of Philadelphia sporting events.
- Brunch events often held in conjunction with Sisterhood, featuring guest speakers on sports, media, arts, Jewish topics and other subjects.
- Working with the synagogue and Mispallelim religious school on a variety of events throughout the year.
- “Torah on Tap” program where members convene at a local restaurant for good food and drink while engaging in discussion on a relevant topic, usually led by Rabbi Gerber, but sometimes by special guests or members of the Men’s Club.
- Annual Rummage Sale fund raiser where we assist congregants looking to find new homes for their gently used items.
- Men’s Club members usher during High Holiday services and B’nai Mitzvahs, raise the sukkah, and hold an annual Men’s Club/Sisterhood Shabbat service.
- Men’s Club members lay tefillin with our children at the annual World Wide Wrap.
- The Ohevvy Hitters, Men’s Club’s softball team participates in the Main Line Sunday Morning Softball League from April through July.
The Men’s Club welcomes all men who are synagogue members, 18 years of age or older. Membership dues are $45.00. If you are interested in learning more, or are ready to join Men’s Club, please contact Curt Krouse at email@example.com.